Learn the nuts and bolts of Roam Research's powerful features.
Discover how those features can work together to fundamentally change the way you think and work.
Develop your own unique Roam Research workflows.
Roam Research is a note-taking tool for networked thought. It's packed full of features that turn chaos into insight.
There are so many features, with so much power, that it's easy to feel overwhelmed. Are you missing out by not using some features? Are you using Roam the "right" way?
In this course, you will:
- Learn the nuts & bolts of Roam Research's powerful features.
- Recognize how to use those features in your own unique workflows.
Each course module will introduce and explain a few features, demonstrate how they work together, and prompt you to consider how they could facilitate your life and work.
Over the full course, this last component will become your capstone project: developing the Roam workflow that suits you.
You can get 1-on-1 help with your Roam challenges during Live Capstone Masterclasses.
Plus, we'll have a private community where you can get feedback from me and your fellow Roaman Roadsters.
✅ Learn how to use Roam Research's features
✅ Learn when and why to use Roam Research's features
✅ Discover how Roam Research can transform the way you think and work
✅ Build powerful workflows tailored to your specific needs
✅ Access the private Your Road to Roam community, where we share insights and difficulties and learn from each other
✅ Learn about Roam extensions like SmartBlocks
✅ Get 1-on-1 help at live masterclasses with R.J.
- II.1. Pages (5:52)
- II.2. Blocks (5:54)
- II.3. Linked & Unlinked References (7:14)
- II.4. Indenting Effectively (5:19)
- II.5. Right Sidebar (4:42)
- II.6. Focus on Block (4:56)
- II.7. Roam Mechanics (7:49)
- II.8. Workflow 1: Notetaking for networked thought (13:04)
- II.9. Capstone 1: How do Networked Notes affect you?
- VI.1. How to Install SmartBlocks & Roam42 (or any extension!) (7:09)
- VI.2. Basic Structure of SmartBlocks (7:08)
- VI.3. Working with SmartBlocks date commands (11:53)
- VI.4. workBench Inboxes (9:36)
- VI.5. Workflow 5: Recurring Actions SmartBlock (14:39)
- VI.6. Capstone 5: How can SmartBlocks & workBench work for you?
- What does "⛔ Legacy ⛔" mean?
- VI.1. Features: View as Bulleted List, Numbered List, or Document (3:55)
- VI.2. Features: Versions (7:10)
- VI.3. Features: Block references: Replace with Original & embed (10:23)
- VI.4. Features: Copy & Paste, Counting Words and Characters (5:12)
- VI.5. Workflow 5: Creative writing & content creation with multiple drafts (22:12)
- VI.6. Capstone 5: How you write in Roam
- What does "⛔ Legacy ⛔" mean?
- VII.1. Features: Pages as Attributes (17:48)
- VII.2. Features: Links and Aliases (9:42)
- VII.3. Dealing with Exterior Sources: Tweets, Videos, Images, Audio, PDFs, iframes (23:05)
- VII.4. Features: Page Embeds (10:06)
- VII.5. Workflow 6, part 1: Zettelkasten (43:02)
- VII.6. Workflow 6, part 2: Zettelkasten (cont'd) (65:56)
- VII.7. Capstone 6: Knowledge in, knowledge out
Your Instructor: R.J. Nestor
R.J. Nestor is a business & executive coach, musician, and writer. He is a communication and productivity expert with 20 years of experience helping people say what they mean to say and do what they mean to do.
As a coach, R.J. helps business leaders be creative, productive, and successful. He coaches entrepreneurs and executives from diverse industries: technology, finance, architecture & design, real estate, insurance, fitness, law, and more.
You have great ideas and boundless potential. R.J. provides the tools and guidance to execute your ideas and realize your potential.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
It is self-paced, so you decide!
How long do I have access to the course?
Depending on your purchase level, you have 6-month or lifetime (at least 2 years) access.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
R.J. doesn't want you to be unhappy! There is a full money-back guarantee, no questions asked, up to 30 days from your purchase.
How do I access the Circle.so private course community?
The sign-up link is in the first course module. If you have trouble signing up, contact me.
Other Roam Courses from R.J. Nestor
Build your GTD-style task management, or buy both courses together for a discount!
1-on-1 help to get more out of Roam Research.